Dem

The Good Daughter
Karin Slaughter
A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman
Behind Her Eyes: A Novel
Sarah Pinborough

Here and Gone: A Novel

Here and Gone: A Novel - Haylen Beck Here and Gone by author Hayley Beck is what I would describe as a really good back to basics thriller that manages create suspense without the any gimmicks which for me is how a good thriller should read.

Audra has taken the plunge and finally made a decision that she thinks is best for her and her children after years of turmoil in her life she makes a long car journey to find a safe haven and to create a fresh start for her and her children, but stopped by a police car on an empty road in Arizona her worst nightmare is about to begin.

I loved the shocking opening scene in this novel, well written and plotted and while we learn quite bit in the first few chapters the author very cleverly still creates quite a bit of suspense in the story and I found myself totally caught up in the dark secrets and nightmare scenario. A well written and enjoyable thriller which I think many will enjoy as it doesn't rely on gimmicks or graphic detail or sto grab the readers attention.

This is my second novel by this author and I look forward to reading more of his books.

My thanks to Penguin books for an advanced copy in return for an honest review.