Dem

The Good Daughter
Karin Slaughter
A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman
Behind Her Eyes: A Novel
Sarah Pinborough

Malice

Malice - Keigo Higashino, Alexander O. Smith An intelligent and page turning mystery that doesn't need to rely on gimmicks to get the readers attention. Just a good old fashioned suspenseful mystery that is perfectly paced and with lots of twists and turns to keep the reader interested.

Acclaimed bestselling novelist Kunihiko Hidaka is found brutally murdered in his home on the night before he's planning to leave Japan and relocate to Vancouver. His body is found in his office, a locked room, within his locked house, by his wife and his best friend, both of whom have rock solid alibis. Or so it seems.

I really enjoyed Malice by Japanese writer Keigo Higashino, I had read a few Japanese mysteries and really enjoyed all of them and when I read a few reviews by some of Good Read friends on here I knew that one would suit me as well.
No gimmicks, blood or gore just a mystery with plenty of twists and turns to keep the reader interested, good character and plot development and an all round very enjoyable read.