Dem

The Good Daughter
Karin Slaughter
A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman
Behind Her Eyes: A Novel
Sarah Pinborough

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe - C.S. Lewis Novels were not a part of my life until my mid teens and therefore I missed out wonderful reading experiences like the Chronicles of Narnia but while I wish I had read more as a child I am having an absolute ball catching up on all these enchanting books when I can appreciate them on a different level

image:
The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe is a compelling story that is both enchanting and filled with fantasy and adventure and I think can be appreciated by both adults and children alike.

Writen by C.S. Lewis in 1950 for his god daughter Lucy, The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe is part of a book series which is known as The Chronicles of Narnia. Set in England during the Second World War and tells the story of four children who are sent to the country to stay with a wealthy, eccentric professor in large county house. While playing hide and seek in the many rooms of the house on a rainy day one of the children discover a Wardrobe and the fantasy and adventure begins.

Beautifully written, intriguing even for someone like me with a low tolerance for fantasy. I was charmed with the setting, the atmosphere and the wonderful complex and charming characters I met along the way. I loved the themes explored in the novel and really enjoyed the reading experience as an adult.