Dem

The Good Daughter
Karin Slaughter
A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman
Behind Her Eyes: A Novel
Sarah Pinborough

The Lost City of Z: A Tale of Deadly Obsession in the Amazon

The Lost City of Z: A Tale of Deadly Obsession in the Amazon - David Grann A terrific adventure story, full of suspense and intrigue and lots of historical detail to keep the reader interested. I am not really a reader of adventure strories but every now and again one comes along that catches my interest and when a trusted Goodread's friend recommend this I just had to give it a try and see exactly what the Lost City of Z was all about.

In 1925, British explorer Percy Fawcett and his son journey into the Amazon jungle, in search of what for centuries Europeans believed the jungle was holding secret...... " The ancient city of Z" an advanced civilization that many believed to have once inhabited the jungle. Unfortunately the party never returned and over the years countless perished trying to find evidence of the party and the place they called “The Lost City of Z.” In this book David Grann traces their steps.

I really enjoyed this non fiction read about Percy Fawcett and his obsession and adventures in the Amazon. I particulary enjoyed how the author weaved suspense, history and geography together in this book and I was entertained as well as educated which really added to my enjoyment of the read.
Its an extremely well written and entertaining book and I couldn't help but admire these exporers (and their families) who risked everything for adventure. I think readers who like non fiction and adventure and history will really enjoy this book.

I listened to this one on audio and the nattation was excellent but as always with audio I cant help wondering if the hard copy had photos and maps which I would have missed out on in the audio.