Dem

The Good Daughter
Karin Slaughter
A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman
Behind Her Eyes: A Novel
Sarah Pinborough

The Marsh King's Daughter

The Marsh King's Daughter - Karen Dionne I really think that 2017 is fast becoming the year of the Thrillers and the [b:The Marsh King's Daughter|32889533|The Marsh King's Daughter|Karen Dionne|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1479249640s/32889533.jpg|53504581] is without doubt a smart well thought out and entertaining read and one that I can see becoming a big hit over the summer.
When I read the premise of this Novel it really caught my attention and I couldn't wait to get my hands on it........
'I was born two years into my mother's captivity. She was three weeks shy of seventeen. If I had known then what I do now, things would have been a lot different. I wouldn't have adored my father.'
When notorious child abductor - known as the Marsh King - escapes from a maximum security prison, Helena immediately suspects that she and her two young daughters are in danger.

The book alternates skillfully between Helena's past and present and the reader learns about Helen and her life. Characters are well drawn and the plot is well thought out and chilling in places.
I was a little afraid going into this one that it might be very graphic and while I did find a few of the hunting scenes quite tough reading, I understand the authors need to write these scenes as part of the bigger picture and they can be easily skimmed over if the reader finds them too much.

A really well written novel, chilling, suspenseful, fresh and certainly one I will be recommending to my friends to pack for holidays this summer.

My thanks to Net Galley for the chance to read an advance copy in return for an honest review