Dem

The Good Daughter
Karin Slaughter
A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman
Behind Her Eyes: A Novel
Sarah Pinborough

The Tattooist of Auschwitz

The Tattooist of Auschwitz - Heather   Morris The power of Love. The Tattooist of Auscwitz is a love story that has stood the test of time and a book that portrays one mans determination to survive against the odds

This is the true story of Lale Sokolov the tattooist of Auschwitz and how found love in the concentration camp. The book is well written, emotional and the story itself is interesting and uplifting. A love story that develops against all that is evil really is worth telling and reading about.
I have read quite a lot of Non Fiction books on the Holocast but I think this was my first book about a romance within the camp.
The book doesn't go into depth on the War although it does depict the horrors of the camp quite well but the story centers more around the romance between Lale and Gita. While I enjoyed the book and found it as nice easy read I was left wanting and I think I had expected more from this one but this is me and not the book as I know so many of my friends have loved this one.
I listened on audible and found the narrator adequate but didn't add anything to the experience for me. I did like the notes at the end as this does clarify what happened afterwards and I believe the hard copy contains photos which I googled as this is something you miss with audio eversion.

An interesting read but not one for my faviourites shelf.