Dem

The Good Daughter
Karin Slaughter
A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman
Behind Her Eyes: A Novel
Sarah Pinborough

The Break

The Break - Katherena Vermette An ok read for me but sadly not one for my favourites list

The Break is a barren field on an isolated strip of land outside the home of Stella a young Métis mother. One evening Stella looks out of her window and spots someone in trouble on the Break ― she calls the police to alert them to a possible crime.

The story is told in series of shifting narratives, people who are connected both directly and indirectly with the victim, the police, family all tell their own stories leading up to that fateful night and this is where my difficulty began with the book. I found it very difficult to keep track of all the characters and just when I thought I was getting to know a character the narrative would shift and I would have to try and connect again. I also found the pace slow and tedious in places a lot of detail and yet little action. The writing was good but I seemed to loose interest in the story and ended up just being an ok read for me.

I read this as part of a group read and look forward to doing this soon again as its a great way to read a book and although I didn't love this one I am looking forward to more of Traveling Sisters Group reads.