Dem

The Good Daughter
Karin Slaughter
A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman
Behind Her Eyes: A Novel
Sarah Pinborough

The Good Liar

The Good Liar - Catherine McKenzie 3.5 Stars

“Oh, what a tangled web we weave...when first we practice to deceive.” ― Walter Scott, Marmion

When an explosion rips apart a Chicago building, the lives of three women are forever altered.

Catherine McKenzie is without doubt a great story teller, creating a suspenseful and fresh thriller with intriguing characters who connect in a startling way. A book of secrets and lies that had me on my toes. The story is told in alternating narratives from each of the three women and we learn how their lives have been affected forever in the many twists and turns of the novel. Their stories start to unravel quickly as the plot progresses and while I liked the format of the novel I did find myself struggling to keep track of who was who and what exactly was happening but the story did settle down for me by the half way mark and I did enjoy the read.

A roller coaster of a novel which I think many readers will enjoy.

My thanks to Net-Galley for the opportunity to read this one in return for an honest review.