Dem

The Good Daughter
Karin Slaughter
A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman
Behind Her Eyes: A Novel
Sarah Pinborough

Saints for All Occasions

Saints for All Occasions - J. Courtney Sullivan Every now and then a book comes along that is so good you think the author must have written it "with just ME in Mind" Well I think courtney Sullivan wrote this book just for me as I loved every moment spent with this novel and I am starting to miss the characters already.
image: image
The Story of Irish Immigration is always close to my heart and I never tire of Non fiction accounts or Historical fiction done well and not too IRISHED up. I think Courtney Sullivan gets it right, this was Ireland of the 50s, this was Irish Immigration of the 50s and this was the Irish settling in America and raising their American Children in the 60s/70s and I have listened to numerous Aunts and Uncles stories over the years and Saints for all Occasions captures the Journey, the emotions and feel of the time for me. The plot is well paced and entertaining and the characters are real Irish Women, living in fear of the church, of their families, their communities and mostly in fear of themselves. Making do with.....and putting up with...... just to safe face. I loved the characters of Nora and Theresa and their complicated relationships with each other and their families.

I rated this Book 5 stars because its just a good old fashioned story, beautifully written, that touched me and I found myself looking forward to picking up this book every evening to learn more about the Flynn sisters.

I think this would make an interesting book club as so much to discuss in this one.

I think there is one teeny tiny error at the beginning of the novel, but its too teeny tiny to even mention