Dem

The Good Daughter
Karin Slaughter
A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman
Behind Her Eyes: A Novel
Sarah Pinborough

The Child Finder

The Child Finder - Rene Denfeld 5 Stars......... and to think I wasn't even going to read this book

Rene Denfeld's prose is beautiful and magical, a captivating and realistic tale, sad and haunting and yet so much beauty in her descriptions of people and mountain landscapes.
I listened to this one on audio and the story was beautifully narrated by Alyssa Bresnahan, the pace was excellent and authors tone really added to this wonderful experience.

This book surprised me as I was one of the very few people who didn't connect with Rene Denfeld's [b:The Enchanted|18090147|The Enchanted|Rene Denfeld|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1373991244s/18090147.jpg|25146823] and was wary about trying this one, but gentle nudges and beautiful reviews by my Goodreads's friends gave me the push that I needed and I am so glad to add this captivating novel to my favourites list for 2017.
I loved the characters and I felt Rene Denfeld transported me to this rural mountain town of settlers in Oregon's Skookum National Pk. This is the sort of book on finishing I just want to buy a copy for my book shelf so I can admire the stunning cover and re-read agin some time in the future.
There is sadness in the story but the book does make you think and feel and I thoroughly enjoyed the read and have been recommending this one to many of my friends.
This is the sort of book that would make a great bookclub choice as plenty to discuss in this one.