Dem

The Good Daughter
Karin Slaughter
A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman
Behind Her Eyes: A Novel
Sarah Pinborough

The Stolen Marriage

The Stolen Marriage - Diane Chamberlain Wow ! Diane Chamberlain has a talent stirring for up a cauldron of emotions in her novels and her latest The Stolen Marriage is certainly a Story that will give many readers lots to discuss with its tightly woven and highly engaging and at times controversial storyline and I highly recommend this one for book clubs as there is lots here to make for a fantastic discussion.

In 1944, twenty-three-year-old Tess DeMello abruptly ends her engagement to the love of her life when she marries a mysterious stranger and moves to Hickory, North Carolina. Hickory is a small town struggling with racial tension and the hardships imposed by World War II. Tess’s new husband, Henry Kraft, is a secretive man who often stays out all night, hides money from his new wife, and shows no interest in making love. Tess quickly realizes she’s trapped in a strange and loveless marriage with no way out.

There is so much I want to say about this book but I really don't want to spoil it for others so I will keep it short. I really enjoyed this historical fiction novel, well researched in sense of time and place with interesting characters, a great storyline that really had me hooked from page one. There was so many times in this book " I wanted to phone a friend" just to vent my feelings and opinions and that is why I think this would make a great book club discussion book and will certainly be recommending this one for the months ahead and I have a feeling this is one that is going to come up in one of my Book Groups and I would have no hesitation in revisiting this one again.

. My thanks to NetGalley for the opportunity to read this novel in return for an honest review.