Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

The Great Alone

The Great Alone - Kristin Hannah 3.5 Stars

Bookclub February Read.

5 Stars for the breathtaking images of Alaska through the seasons that the author so vividly portrays with her beautiful descriptive prose and 3 stars for the Plot and characters which while interesting tended to play second fiddle to the setting of this Novel for me

I really enjoyed the first half of this Novel and the stunning images of Alaska I got from the authors vivid writting. A wonderful sense of time and place really makes this book worth the read alone and I find Kristin Hannah always manages to bring a freashness to her Novels and while I may not give the book a 5 star rating I will always finish her novels with a contented sigh having enjoyed her writting and the story told and love recommending her novels to friends.

I love books set in a landscape and culture that is foreign to me and The Great Athlone was a page turner that indulged my love of an untamed and unpredictable wilderness and Alaska really shines in this book.

A story of human survival and a family who's ultimate dream can turn into the ultimate nightmare.
The conclusion of the novel fell short for me and yet I think this would make a terrific book club read as there are so many issues to discuss here and the characters really need disecting by a book group.

I purchased a hard copy of this Novel as I just loved the pretty cover and every time I picked the book up the cover's image drew me right back to the story.