Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

Charlotte's Web

Charlotte's Web - E.B. White, Garth Williams, Rosemary Wells My 8 years old self would have loved this book, I had been looking for an excuse to read this book for years and just realised on seeing it this week in a book shop that I didn't need an excuse to read it, I can just pick it up and indulge myself in little animal behaviour and so I enjoyed this beautiful story of a livestock pig named Wilbur and his friendship with a barn spider named Charlotte.

This book is so beautifully written and the illustrations in the copy I have just made it that much better. Friendship and love are the central themes of Charlotte's Web, This is a terrific children's book which I think many adults like myself will appreciate the story as well and I am going to hold on to this copy as I hope if the future (long distant future) to take it out again and perhaps read to my grand children.

I seem to have missed out on so many of these great books that I should have read as a child but as the saying goes " better late than never" and so nice to choose one to read every now and then.