Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

Kill Anything That Moves: The Real American War in Vietnam

Kill Anything That Moves: The Real American War in Vietnam - Nick Turse 3.5 Stars

A insightful and shocking expose of US armed forces during the Vietnam War. I had not read or listened to any books on this subject and this did make for grim but important reading and while I struggled through it, I feel I have gained a little insight to a war that I learned very little about in history class

This is a very well researched and written account and one I listened to on audio which I think might have been a tad easier had I sourced a hard copy of the book as I found the tone of the narrator was lifeless I struggled through this one. However the information is there and the author does an incredible job of painstakingly sourcing instances of war crimes though the government’s own records. I was appalled to read of the shocking accounts of the mounds of corpses, including women, children, and even babies, murdered by American troops in the Vietnamese hamlet of My Lai and this is something that will stay with me for a long time.

This is not an easy read, but I do think it is an important one in understanding what happened in Vietnam, if like me you have very little knowledge on this time in history.