Dem

A Boy in Winter
Rachel Seiffert
The Tie That Binds
Kent Haruf
The Idiot (Everyman's Library, #254)
Fyodor Dostoyevsky, Larissa Volokhonsky, Richard Pevear
The Velvet Hours
Alyson Richman

The Broken Girls

The Broken Girls - Simone St. James I wish it didn't have to end................This is my guilty pleasure style novel. I loved the gothic, mystery feel to this book and my only regret on this one is that I don't actually own a hard copy for my real life book shelf.
Broken Girls is a chilling murder / suspense story set in Idlewild Hall, an old abandoned boarding school in rural Vermont. I am a sucker for gothic or modern gothic style stories and throw in an old abandoned Manor or Boarding school with a mysterious past and a haunting tale and you got me from page one.
I enjoyed the suspense with this one and couldn't wait to pick it up each evening and loved how the story is told in two time frames ( 1950s & 2014) which works perfectly for this story.

Great characters that well interesting and likable and a couple of them I am having a hard time parting company with now that the book is over.

I think readers who enjoy novel's like the [bc:The Thirteenth Tale|40440|The Thirteenth Tale|Diane Setterfield|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1346267826s/40440.jpg|849453] or kate Morton's [b:The House at Riverton|1278752|The House at Riverton|Kate Morton|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1356452218s/1278752.jpg|1267740][bc:The House at Riverton|1278752|The House at Riverton|Kate Morton|https://images.gr-assets.com/books/1356452218s/1278752.jpg|1267740] may well enjoy The Broken Girls.

A solid 4 Stars from me on this one and look forward to other books by this author.